Best Electric Scooters for Commuting | Top Picks 2019 (Every Budget)
The appearance of the electric scooters was a new phenomenon even a few years back but it has been an alternative private transport now. Electric scooters are lightweight, compact, portable, and foldable. Moreover, it's a cheaper motorized alternative to the car and faster replacement for the manual bicycle. It has taken over the car because you can commute through even the densely-packed city streets with a scooter as your transporting vehicle. Moreover, this is eco-friendly and less expensive in terms of maintenance and purchase.
These are the main reasons electric scooters have been the most chosen short distance commuting vehicles. Due to the aforesaid conveniences this newer transport brings, myriads of products have flooded the market to put you into the toughest perplex. Therefore, it is advisable to go slow and take considerable time to ensure the right deal.
To make a smart purchase, you have to consider the crucial factors that will have a lasting impact on your computing experience. And the said factors include the updated and effective style, battery life, the running speed and range, and the safety measures followed. So far the safety features of an electric scooter involved, they range the light to guide while driving under no sunlight, premium quality tires, and hand brakes. There are several advanced features introduced by the big brands.
We have made your selection process water easy by conducting the research ourselves to save you time. We have narrowed down to 10 electric scooters from thousands in the market and these selections feature efficiency, durability, and time-befitting styles. These are the scooters you can cut through busy city streets and tackle rough terrain backed by the cost-effectiveness.
10 Best Electric Scooters for Adults (at Any Budget) - Reviews
1. Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Electric Scooter for Adults
Root Feature Highlights:
- 36-volt Li-ion battery backed by a 250-watt powerful motor;
- 15 mph speed and 15 miles range;
- As short as 3.5 hours re-charge time can make you ready rapidly;
- Corrosion-free and aircraft grade aluminum frame for max durability;
- The massive 8-inch tires with a honeycomb interior enough to bar going flat;
- Water resistant and straightforward controls add to the convenience;
- Comes with a street bell and bag cover;
- Lightweight of 28 lbs and foldability have made it a portable scooter.
Glion Dolly has already won our heart to win the strongest recommendation as the best electric scooter for commuting. Before exploring the answer to this claim, we ask ourselves what we look for in a motorized scooter most. Maximum speed, longer run time or battery support, powerful motor, durable frame made of premium materials, safety features properly in place, shorter recharge time and brand-exclusive styles and designs will come as the clear answer. Glion Dolly features all those factors you want in a single option.
This is an utterly practical and easy-to-operate private transport tool affordable at an incredibly moderate price for the above-the-basic features. A rapid highlight of the root features will establish the purpose of this electric scooter brand clear and that is to eliminate boredom while commuting.
So, riding Glion Dolly Foldable will just feel a breeze and it can accompany you both in a downhill rush and cruise around town. The twist-grip accelerator and brake have made it a must recommendation for commuting.
2. Razor E200 Electric Scooter for Commuters
Root Features Highlights:
- A great commuter transport for people at 13 and more;
- 40 minutes of runtime and 12 mph speed;
- Full-size deck board;
- A sturdy steel frame and fork;
- 8-inch pneumatic tires for smooth rolling and resists going flat;
- Twist grip brake and throttle included;
- Lengthier recharge time of 12 hours;
- Motor not that noisy;
- Retractable kickstand;
- Two 12V batteries with charger included.
The latest technology, high-quality materials, and powerful motor are just the combination Razor stand for. The engineering, design, and style are intended for the commuters started from 13. And you can travel on urban streets up to 40 minutes at one charge. That means covering a short distance, that actually is commuting, is now super easy at a speed of 12 mph. The steel frame is the statement of utmost durability and can bear with the frequent commuting.
The only downside is the lengthier recharge time but that is not a deal breaker as you can recharge at night. Above all the excellent riding experience is just fabulous against the price and so is a wise recommendation for urban commuters.
3. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Motorized Scooter
Root Features Highlights:
- High performance combined with highly developed fashion sense;
- A pair of stylish wheels creates a stir in the neighborhood;
- Built-in high torque electric motor;
- 15 mph speed and 10 miles of range;
- Manual rear brake and twist-grip accelerator control;
- Extra-large 12-inch tires;
- Storage room beneath the seat;
- 150 lbs of load capacity;
- Fit for kids around 12.
Let's start with the extra-large tires that will make commuter the most stable of all. And kids are badly in need of that stability. Therefore, Razor Pocket Mod is an electric scooter intended for kids commuting.
But they can speed past the adult at a speed rate of 15 mph. The larger wheel does not let them down at the higher pace. You can run up to 10 miles at a single charge that will suffice for a kid around 12. He can store many things inside the storage under the seat. Needless to justify that this Razor motor scooter is absolutely a superb suggestion for commuting as it has bagged awards from TIME, U.S. News & World Report.
4. Swagtron Swagger Electric Scooter with Air-filled Tires
Root Features Highlight:
- A superb combination of 250-watt motor and Li-ion battery;
- The high running speed of 18 mph and 11 miles of range;
- Sturdy and durable aluminum frame can haul up to 320 lbs;
- Short recharge time of 3.5 hours;
- Dedicated customer service;
- Commuting friendly iOS and Android Apps enabled;
- Headlight, Speedometer, and Phone Mount included;
- Air-filled tires for high speed.
This is absolutely a next-generation electric scooter with iOS and Android app compatibility. With the app opened on your phone, you can now easily track location, speed, battery life, gear position and more. It will just a be a high-tech LED display thanks to the phone mount that keeps the phone in front of you and you can keep updated on the go.
All the others feature are very much on par with the industry level. Further mentionable is the high speed of 18mph, short recharge time of 3.5 hours, and All-star customer service.
5. Xaomi Mi Electric Scooter Ultra-lightweight & Long-range
Root Features Highlight:
- Aero-space standard aluminum structure;
- Anti-slippage mid-size tires – 8.5 inches;
- Foldable, Portable, and Ultralight – 26.9 lbs;
- 250 Watt motor & 1-watt headlight;
- Dimensions: 42.5"high* 44.9"long;
- Backlight lights up at the break;
- 15 mph running speed and 18.6 miles max range;
- Intelligent Mi electric design and anti-lock braking system.
Xaomi presents some excellent numbers that witness the fact that it can well answer to your commuting needs. The long-range battery range is backed by 250-watt power motor. You can speed up to 15 miles per hour and the non-slip tires will ensure your stability. In dense traffic, if you are unable to cut through, you can carry it along easily with a minimal e-scooter weight of 26.9 pounds.
The headlight can enlighten six-meter of running track while driving in the dark. The lightweight may confuse you but the height will ensure that it is an electronic scooter for adults. And the design freak teenagers can too opt for Xiaomi for its compact and conscious style. This is an all-around recommendation for ruling the urban streets.
6. Cellot Carbon Fiber Lightweight Electric Scooter
Root Features Highlight:
- 14 lbs are the lightest weight;
- Durable carbon fiber material;
- Foldable, Portable, and Compact size;
- The elegant and stylish headlight and clever LCD screen;
- Custom speed range – 8km/h, 16km/h, and 23km/h;
- The super slim .3inch deck and 22o lbs load capacity;
- High-torque and advanced motor technology;
- Longest 20 miles battery range backed by high-capacity lithium-ion battery;
- Smart BMS technology to protect the battery from overcharging and malfunctions.
The stands out features are the carbon fiber deck board, custom speed control, longest battery range, and BMS battery protection technology. The carbon fiber is a durable material that cut down the scooter weight to a significant low without compromising the durability and sturdiness. So the most lightweight and the thinnest deck can carry up to 220 lbs of load.
The motor is backed by advanced technology to provide with high torque that gives 20 mph of speed. The front light and LCD display are not only a design statement rather they have contributed to the riding comfort and performance. The custom speed maneuverability will check them over and unnecessary use of the battery and BMS technology will extend battery life by protecting it from overcharging and disturbance.
7. Ojo Adult Electric Scooter for Commuting
Root Features Highlight:
- 65 pounds of weight ensures a sturdy and stable ride;
- All-seasonal pneumatic tubeless tires;
- 300 pounds of load capacity;
- A powerful motor of 500watts;
- 20 miles commuting speed;
- 25 miles of fabulously long range;
- High power headlight and illuminated backlight;
- LCD display, Bluetooth speakers, and onboard charger included.
This is a perfect motor scooter for commuting with the powerful motor and high capacity battery. The battery range and scooter speed is a dream-come-true commuting facility. And the sturdy weight ensures that you will not slip or collapse while running at the max given speed. 300 pound of hauling ability is a perfectly adult transportability and the additional design and features will draw the young commuters too. Bluetooth speakers are added to go musically on the run and you can check the speed, battery life, and range on the LCD mini screen.
You are backed by the onboard charger to recharge at your workplace if need be. Both the front and rear light ensures visibility and safety is further added by the non-slip tubeless tires. But all these benefits will come in exchange for a high price but the convenience and high-quality parts have made up for the money. You can go for it as a onetime investment and obviously for long.
8. URB-E Folding Black Electric Scooter
Root Features Highlight:
- Made in America is a trust factor;
- 20 miles of range and 18 mph commuting speed;
- 35 lbs is a lightweight and Foldable design has made it portable;
- The aircraft grade aluminum frame is durable and withstands the wear;
- Patented to be URB-E and backed by a 1-year warranty;
- A superb combination of 250watt power motor and high capacity 36V battery;
- Endowed with disc brake and sophisticated sports tune controller.
Let's elaborate the made-in-America factor. This electric scooter is built and designed in Pasadena, California. This is witness to the fact that it has certified US quality esteemed very high in the industry. Anything issued from American technology is a guaranty of quality service and durable performance.
Another feature to focus is the URB-E patent that is an award-winning design dedicated to commuters navigating city streets. This is concept invented by an industrial designer to help commuters run with added ease. And all the other features and specifications are just up to the standard that guaranty you maximum stability, comfort, and runtime. This is too an expensive investment but if you want to break free from the manual bi-cycle and dense traffic, this is an investment for a long time commuting comfort.
9. Qiewa Q1Hummer High Power & Longest Range Electric Scooter
This electric scooter is really a giant of a scooter in terms of its load capacity, battery support and the high motor wattage. It has given the commuters to go at full speed and cover the max distance. The tires are large enough to give you stable support while running fast and for a longer period. If commuting comfortably is your target, it can overload you with advanced features. You can recharge your smartphone while on the run.
Whether you are a person with a slender physic or bulky structure, Qiewa Q1Hummer is an answer to both. Backed by the high power and capacity motor and battery, you are enjoying additional facilities like disk brake system and lighting-up facility while twisting the rear brake. This excellent rider will come at a higher price but the basic and advanced features are lucrative enough to go for it.
10. Razor EcoFriendly Electric Scooter for Metropolitan
Root Features Highlight:
- EcoSmart metro technology – bamboo deck and emission-free vehicle;
- Electric sit-down and powder-finish frame;
- High wattage motor 500W and high volt battery-36V;
- Runtime 40 minutes and run range 10 miles;
- High speed up to 18 mph and massive weight of 67 pounds;
- High torque backed by powerful motor;
- Custom control speed and throttle;
- Thickly-padded cushy seat and removable storage compartment;
- Variable handlebar rake;
- Supported by standard brake system and 16-inches size spoke wheels.
The earth-friendly electric scooter that emits no harmful particles or fumes. The bamboo deck is flat enough to act as the sitting ground. EcoSmart comes with a custom control speed system and it is able to give the max speed and runtime backed by the powerful battery and motor. This is an electric scooter intended for the metro area that is evident from the emission-free technology and rakes both in rear and front bar. The tires are identical to the ones a bi-cycle has – pneumatic tube tires with spoke wheels.
Razor EcoSmart features some excellent numbers in terms of speed, battery life, range, and weight. The sturdy weight and powder coated frame give the needed durability and strength to bear with the metro abuse. And unlike the three expensive scooters reviewed above, it is affordable at a moderate price.
Factors to Check and Re-check Prior to Buying an Electric Scooter for Commuting
Electric Scooter or battery-run scooter is not limited to a trend now rather it has been an established mode of private transport. But several factors deserve to be scrutinized before making the ultimate purchase to avoid any inconvenience. Let's just go brief about the crucial buying factors of an electric scooter. Here you go:
You must check the weight capacity of the intended scooter as there are scooters both for children and adult. Better to ask the salesman about the actual capacity of the commuting vehicle to buy.
Materials an e-scooter is made of are important for the durability. Most big brands opt for aerospace grade aluminum for the e-scooter frame. This material can withstand the abuse of the road and run.
Speed is a critical consideration for an electric scooter for commuting. If it is for a kid, you should go with the medium speed one and higher speed will suit only the adult. But now a day, several brands come with custom speed control to let kids and adult commute with the same scooter.
Motor and Battery
If you want higher speed, you should opt for a high wattage motor and a high capacity battery for longer range or run time. These two factors will define the cost of the scooter.
Advanced features refer to the factors that are not related to speed, runtime, durability, or weight capacity. Some scooters introduce apps compatibility, phone mount, and storage compartment. These are the advanced features that obviously increase the comfort level of commuting. They come with an added price too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the safety features of an electric scooter?
The crucial safety features are – the headlights, premium quality tires, and the effective brakes.
Is low runtime a hassle?
Low battery life is a hassle as is the high recharge span. An electric scooter with a low runtime will better suit a toy scooter for the babies not one meant for commuting.
What are the special features?
Special features of an electric scooter includes speed limiter for the one intended for kids, special panel to see battery life, specialized or tubeless wheels, and quick foldability.
You are reading the concluding part of the review article means that you have already gone through the aforesaid sections. So it is pretty clear to you that you can buy the best electric scooter for commuting at medium and higher budget. The ones at a high budget will equip you with some wow features inspiring the awe of other commuters and certainly raise your riding comfort. Whereas the one at a low budget will give you the basic features along with durability and comfort.
You Might Also Like: